Spain has a lot of interesting places to discover. If you are in Asturias, rather being an expat or a tourist, maybe you would like to visit some other towns. This time we are going to talk about Madrid, the capital of the country.
Visiting Madrid Spain
Madrid is the capital of Spain and has, today, more than three million inhabitants. It is a dynamic, modern city full of work and leisure opportunities. Precisely for this reason, more and more citizens of Spain and other countries decide to settle in the city. It is a friendly, open and welcoming city. Its international and multicultural atmosphere shapes a vibrant and transgressive city.
On the other hand, the city of Madrid is famous for its rich collections of European art, with works by Goya, Velázquez and other Spanish masters in the Prado Museum.
Next, we mention some of the essential places and monuments of Madrid: Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Gran Vía, El Retiro, Puerta de Alcalá, Plaza de Cibeles, Neptune Fountain, Almudena Cathedral, Plaza de Colón or the Temple of Debod. Also noteworthy is the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, Real Madrid stadium and one of the temples of European football.
How to get from Asturias to Madrid
Fortunately, there are many ways to travel between Asturias and Madrid, including buses, trains, airplanes, rental cars, and even taxi services. Here you will find information about how to get from Asturias to Madrid.
· By Airplane: There are few companies offering direct flights from Asturias airport (OVD) to Madrid airport. Iberia is one of them. Once you arrive to the airport, you can use Madrid airport transfers or private taxis.
· By car: The trip by car from Asturias to Jaen will take between 4 and 5 hours.
· By train: You can take a RENFE train from Asturias to Madrid-Chamartín station or to Atocha Station. The trip will last around 6 hours and the cost will be between 61€-128€.
· By bus: You can take an ALSA direct bus from Oviedo or Gijón to Madrid. The trip by bus lasts around 5 hours, and the cheapest ticket costs 37€.
· By Blablacar: One of the most common ways to travel from Asturias to Madrid is using a Blablar, a car sharing platform. There are many asturian people living in Madrid and super easy to find someone traveling to Madrid every day of the week. It is usually faster and cheaper than the public transport.
Where to stay in Madrid
· Central Palace Madrid
· Abracadabra Suites
· Good Stay Rooms
· Hotel Vincci Soma
· Hotel Zenit Abeba
· Artistic Bed and Breakfast